PRIVATE & PERSONAL VIRTUAL TOURS AVAILABLE
Check out our special offers!
It's time to put your chef hat back on and step into your open-concept kitchen! This month's recipe is an easy and delicious meal the entire family will enjoy in your apartment near Kingwood, Texas at The Pointe at Valley Ranch Town Center. To learn more about our luxury apartment community contact our team, or check out our video tours.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 people
For the chicken:
• 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite size pieces
• 1 large egg
• 3 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the sauce:
• 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons rice or apple cider vinegar
• 3/4 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
• 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
• 1/2 cup of water or chìcken stock
• steamed vegetables like broccoli, snap peas, carrots, or baby corn
In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the sauce, and set aside.
Cook rice and steam vegetables.
In a small bowl, whisk egg with cornstarch, salt and pepper. Add chicken pieces to the batter and stir well.
In a large skillet, heat up 1 tablespoons of olive oil. Place chicken, piece by piece, in pan and cook on all sides until the batter is golden brown.
Once the chicken is done, add in the sauce mixture and simmer on medium low heat until the sauce thickens.